2023 Spring Grant Timeline
Spring grant application period opens.
Spring grant application period closes.
Grants committee meets.
Recommendations from grant committee presented to Foundation board for approval.
Foundation to notify all Spring grant applicants.
Expense/payment forms must be to the FHPS business office by May 15th, 2023. There are no extensions to this date.
Final evaluation report must be received by Foundation office.
The primary purpose of the Forest Hills Public Schools Foundation is to provide funds for educational activities and initiatives that enhance and enrich the educational experience for our students. Grants help teachers and staff purchase items, goods, and/or materials that are needed but typically are not covered in a school's budget. The Foundation's policy is to award grants for programs and activities that are related to the school's curriculum and class offerings, align with the district’s guiding principles, and/or support initiatives helping all learners achieve their individual potential. The Foundation looks favorably upon grant requests that would impact the greatest number of students and integrate disciplines or curricular areas.
The grants committee of the FHPS Foundation will evaluate each grant request based upon all of the data and information submitted in the grant application. The committee uses a rubric to discuss and evaluate grant applications. Please familiarize yourself with this rubric as it will assist you in writing your grant. All data and information submitted in the grant application will be reviewed, including the following guidelines:
- Technology: Requests for technology hardware, such as iPads, laptops, and Chromebooks just to increase inventory will not be considered. Technology requests should show a direct correlation to learning outcomes, how it relates to the curriculum, and/or how it ties into initiatives such as improvement plans, positive behavior intervention supports, or other district programs.
Requests of technology software and programs may be considered but must have prior approval by the technology department, the director of instructional technology, AND the building principal or program director. If funds are needed to sustain the software or program, the grant request must include a schedule and identify sources for future funding.
If the grant is for technology – PLEASE contact the technology department for preferred pricing/ accurate models needed and to determine if the technology will be compatible within the district. You will also need to include any additional fees you will need such as software, materials, training, hardware, etc.
- Should the grant require changes to be made to the physical structure of the classroom, school building, or grounds, the Foundation director will get prior approval and authorization from the director of maintenance and operations.
- The grant needs to provide a clear description/budget on how grant funds will be used or what will be purchased. You must include quotes from companies the items will be purchased from and figure shipping costs where applicable.
- Collaboration with other funding sources is highly encouraged. Please consider alternative sources of funding for part of your items/programs such as PTOs or booster clubs, school committees, and/or building funds.
- Grant requests for books MUST include a book list AND must be pre-approved by the building principal.
- The Foundation recognizes that many items covered under grant purchases should be protected and we must preserve the investment made in materials, supplies, and equipment. While the Foundation may not have funded this in the past, the committee will take a look at these requests if they are part of a larger grant proposal. Should the grant request also include items such as dust covers for machinery, equipment, or larger musical instruments, storage units, shelves, book bags, bins, rolling carts, please note this as a separate line item in your description and budget.
- Typically, grant funds will not be awarded for food, t-shirts, or other non-reusable items.
- Typically, grant funds will not be awarded for transportation fees or for one-time speakers/performances.
- Grants funds will not be awarded retroactively.
- Should the original criteria change, the grant request must be returned to the Foundation for discussion and re-approval.
Please contact the foundation staff with any questions.
Based on review, the Grant Committee will take one of three actions:
- Approve the application for full or partial funding.
- Return the application with suggestions for resubmitting.
- Deny the request.
* Please be advised if your grant is approved, and any change to the original grant occurs for any reason, the grant must be re-submitted to the Foundation for re-evaluation.
Post Grant Acceptance
Please submit the Final Expenditure Report to the business office (Admin) and the Final Grant Evaluation Form to the Foundation office (FAC) prior to deadline. Deadline for the Fall cycle is prior to December 29th and for the Spring cycle is prior to May 15th.
2022 Fall Grants AwardedClick To View The 2022 Fall Grants Awarded
2022 Spring Grants AwardedClick To View The 2022 Spring Grants Awarded
2021 Fall Grants AwardedClick To View The 2021 Fall Grants Awarded
2021 Spring Grants AwardedClick To View The 2021 Spring Grants Awarded
2020 Fall Grants AwardedClick To View The 2020 Fall Grants Awarded
2020 Spring Grants AwardedClick To View The 2020 Spring Grants Awarded
2019 Fall Grants AwardedClick To View The 2019 Fall Grants Awarded
2019 Spring Grants AwardedClick To View The 2019 Spring Grants Awarded
2018 Fall Grants AwardedClick To View The 2018 Fall Grants Awarded
2018 Spring Grants AwardedClick To View The 2018 Spring Grants Awarded
2017 Fall Grants AwardedClick To View The 2017 Fall Grants Awarded
2017 Spring Grants AwardedClick To View The 2017 Spring Grants Awarded
2016 Fall Grants AwardedClick To View The 2016 Fall Grants Awarded
2016 Spring Grants AwardedClick To View The 2016 Spring Grants Awarded
2015 Fall Grants AwardedClick To View The 2015 Fall Grants Awarded
Should you have any questions, please call us in the Foundation office at 493-8500. Thank you for your dedication in providing Excellence in Education to all of our students in Forest Hills Public Schools.
The Foundation's Mission
In partnership with our community, the Forest Hills Public Schools Foundation is committed to raising funds and awareness to support all learners and educators within the Forest Hills Public School District.
About the Foundation
Ways to Give
600 Forest Hill Avenue SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546